Saturday, April 20, 2013

We Can Keep Her


About nine months ago Mommy and Daddy left us for a few nights and came back with this little creature. Mommy and Daddy call her our "Little Sis". Since then our lives meaning me "Boomer" and my other little sister "Snickers" has drastically changed. Even though I get less ear scratches, belly rubs, or walking of my Mommy and Daddy now adays, I really love my new little creature.

I give her love licks whenever I can. Mom gets mad because she calls my love licks "French" kisses because the little creature gives me love licks back. Her little licker tastes like milk. I just can't stop loving sometimes that Mommy needs to pull me away.

I've become a good little helper! I love to help with baths. I will help Mommy clean the little creature by licking those tasty lavender bubbles off of her back, head, arms and ears. I especially love it when she needs cleaning of the left over sweet potatoes, squash, or other residuals on her face, hands, and clothes.

My other little sister Snickers has become quite jealous. She thinks all the new little dollies now in the house should be for her so she will sneak away with them and chew off their faces, hands and feet. I only got in trouble once at Valentine's Day when we found two new little red toys stuffed with beads that looked much like ours so we each took one. Because no squeaker was involved, I gave up, but Snickers emptied both out and pooped beads for a week! Snickers also does not like it when Daddy is on the floor with the little creature so will wiggle her way between them so Daddy will only pet her and not the little creature. Lately, she has been so desperate for attention that now when visitors come, she will roll on her back hoping people will get on their knees and give her a free belly rub. I just wait until they sit, then I prop myself next to them. This has been the most successful way to obtain free scratches behind the ears.

Even though Snickers sometimes paws Mommy and Daddy to pet her because she isn't the baby anymore, she loves our little creature too because she drops EVERYTHING! One of her new hang outs is under the big blue high chair to catch banana chuncks and other tasty droppings. However, sometimes other things that are big and hard will also drop. Luckily, the sky hasn't fallen on her yet.

If our new little creature is going to stay, she has a few annoying habits we need to work on with her. It has been very hard to enjoy our doggie dreams as our little creature makes these loud wails as if she is in great despair all through the night and during our daytime doggie naps. We need our doggy rest to bark at strangers and chase after the gophers in our yard. We also need to be very careful when we are around the little creature as she has been known to pinch us and if we aren't fast enough, she will get a chunk of our fur in her little paws. She even trys to grab my licker when all I want to do is kiss her!

As the big boy of the house one of my jobs is to be the watch dog and protector even though I am a lover and will probably just lick you. I keep a watchful eye on the little creature because well, I love her. I'll think I'll tell Mommy and Daddy we can keep her.

No comments:

Post a Comment